have sacked their entire national soccer team and will replace them with under-23 players for an African Nations Cup qualifier
against Nigeria on Sunday, officials said on Wednesday.
Madagascar’s team was disbanded after poor performances in the recent Indian Ocean Islands Games and a row over allowance payments.
Frank Rajaonarisamba has also replaced coach Maurice Mosa.
“We already felt the atmosphere in the team was not serene before the team left for the Games. The player had demanded more money and boycotted training. Such behaviour is unworthy of players called to defend the colours of their country,” Malagasy Football Federation vice president Doda Andriamiasasoa told the country’s L’Express
Zambian players celebrate their 2010 win
The draw for the 2011 Metropolitan COSAFA Under-20 Youth Championships was made in Gaborone on Monday.
Botswana will play host to the regional showpiece event from December 1-10 after their successful staging of the event in 2010.
All 14 COSAFA countries and invited East African guests Tanzania were in the draw with the teams split into three groups of four and one pool that has three teams in it.
Hosts Botswana are in Group A, along with islanders Comoros, Swaziland and Mozambique.
The three-team Group B contains Seychelles, Malawi and Lesotho, while Group C sees defending champions Zambia take on their great rivals South Africa, Tanzania and Mauritius.
Robert Nouzaret has quit as coach of DR Congo
just days before their Africa Cup of Nations qualifer
The move comes after he fell out with the DR Congo football federation (Fecofa) over team selection.
"After our friendly last weekend with Angola the federation ordered me to pick a squad of home-based players for our match against Senegal," he said.
DR Congo beat Angola 2-1
on Sunday but Nouzaret feels the problems stem from a 3-0
loss to Gambia earlier this month.
Papiss Demba Cissé
Papiss Demba Cissé
's agent says the Senegalese will not be leaving Bundesliga side Freiburg during the transfer window.
The news will dash hopes of the Premier League sides linked to him - Fulham, Sunderland and Newcastle United.
"Nobody was ready to pay the sum - that was the only problem," Guido Niccolai told BBC Sport.
Even with an improved offer, Freiburg cannot sell as they have missed the deadline for arranging the paperwork.
Any German club looking to sell needs to have prepared papers - signed by both the club and the outbound player - by midday local time.
Papa Bouba Diop
Championship side West Ham have sealed the signing of former Fulham and Portsmouth midfielder Papa Bouba Diop.
The 33-year-old Senegal international was a free agent after being released by AEK Athens, who he joined in 2010.
He has agreed a one-year contract with the Hammers, which includes the option of an additional 12 months.
Diop is Sam Allardyce's ninth signing and a timely arrival after Scott Parker handed in a transfer request ahead of an expected move to Tottenham.